Thanks for your interest in being credentialed through Commission Ministers Network!
Credentials cannot make you a minister. Only the Lord can do that.
Credentials are a way to recognize those who God has called to ministry and who have responded to that call by actively becoming engaged in serving.
For that reason, CMN only credentials those who are currently active in ministry – either full time or part time.
Credentials with Commission Ministers Network are based upon the following requirements.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicant must be in agreement with the CMN Statement of Faith.
- Applicants must live in agreement with the CMN Covenant of Conduct.
- Applicant must be currently engaged in ministry or, in the event the ministry activity is contingent upon holding credentials, must begin serving as soon as credentials are issued.
- Applicant must have a recommendation from their pastor or a ministry associate who is qualified to vouch for their integrity and faithfulness in ministry.
If you are actively engaged in an approved ministry – either full or part time – you are automatically eligible for licensing with CMN.
Most ministers start at the licensed level but based upon the credit system below it is possible that you could immediately progress to the ordained level.
Your application will be evaluated based upon the following credits system so please submit complete information with you application.
CMN License – Actively serving in ministry (Full Time or Part Time)
CMN Ordination – 20 Credits and actively serving in ministry (Full Time or Part Time)
For those who have not completed a degree program:
1 Credit for each Semester (or 4 completed courses) in an approved Bible School or accredited college or university
For those who have completed a degree program:
6 Associate’s degree
10 Completion of the 5 Trimester ISOM Core Curriculum
12 Bachelor’s degree
15 Bachelor’s degree in Ministry or Biblical studies field
15 Master’s degree
20 Master’s degree in Ministry or Biblical studies field
2 For each year of significant involvement in approved ministry
5 For each year of full time ministry (80% of income derived from ministry)